Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I am not a morning person

Having agreed, at some point, to coffee/breakfast on the beach, I headed out with D. Our accommodation provided Nescafe packets, which were actually not so bad (I have them in my bag to bring home) Alas, we had arrived to town too late the night before, to pick up coffee, to take advantage of the provided french press. Of course, not being an early riser, I missed the sunrise. The cresting waves were quite beautiful, backlit by the morning sun. And, it takes about 3 minutes for the surf to completely erase any footsteps in the sand. We observed several gulls practicing ballet... their arabesque was great, but the developé needs a little work. I’m really appreciating how clean the sandy beaches are. Perhaps this is because beach fires are completely banned here? No soot = no black feet!
We nibbled on fruit/nut bars and sipped coffee/tea in the car, on the way to Bega, where I explored the cheese “museum”. We had lunch in Merimbula, before engaging in a little retail therapy. Driving on the left side of the road, on these winding tracks, is very stressful! I managed to find flipflops (thongs), a skirt, and a dress. Yay! Lunch was Thai from Hot Wok; tasty, but a bit sweet for my palate. Takeaway coffee (small long black) from Waterfront Cafe fit the bill for taking along to the car. Would have enjoyed sipping the brew while sitting on the WC patio, but the clock was a’ tickin’
We arrived in Marlo in time for dins at the Marlo Hotel. Wine (from the region) was lovely. Dinner was sent back for being cold; a remake was on the table in good time. Chicken schnitzel with red wine mushroom sauce; tasty enough, but not good enough to pack home the excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment